Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Senior Kindergarten Students are Printmaking!!

Printmaking can be done at any age. Take a look at what a couple of students created when they were experimenting with printmaking. I used buzz groups to facilitate this lesson where I taught the same skills of printmaking to groups of two or three students at a time. I believe in a Progressivist teaching method where students learn by doing and this is exactly what my students are doing.


I taught William and Jefferson to use styrofoam plates and a dull pencil to make an imprint of shapes, then to cover the plate with marker, press a piece of paper over top of it, and voila! The result was that they learned to make a hand made print.

Take a look at what the older students came up with.

I showed both Dhillon and Benedict to carve letters backward onto a styrofoam plate so that when they covered it with marker they learned that when they pressed the paper on top of the plate the imprint was visible and legible.

No comments:

Post a Comment